Super duo Cameron Rexroat and Nick Abell, aka Just Another Jay and Serving Realness respectively, have teamed up for a 3-part recipe series incorporating LEVO into vegan-centric dishes. On Just Another Jay, Cameron tees us up with a step-by-step process on how to infuse oil with LEVO. While Nick from Serving Realness introduces us to his "secret ingredient" using the infused oil in his complimentary vegan pesto pizza recipe. Did somebody say pizza party? See below for a healthy, lifted snack!
Vegan Pesto Pizza
1 pound of pizza dough
For the Pesto:
1 cup lacinto (dinosaur) kale, tightly packed
1 cup basil, tightly packed
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Pizza:
Basil leaves for garnish
Sliced tomato for garnish
1. Prepare pizza dough per instructions (mine had to be set out at room temp for 30 minutes beforehand) and preheat oven
While the dough is rising, start on the pesto:
2. In a food processor, combine the kale, basil, pine nuts, hemp seeds, lemon juice, and garlic and blend until relatively smooth
3. Next, turn the processor on the lowest speed and slowly drizzle in olive
By now, the pizza dough should be nice and ready:
4. Spread it out on a lightly floured surface
5. Spread out pesto
6. Place tomato slices, basil leaves, and non-dairy
7. Bake roughly 10 minutes at 475°F
8. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, cut, and enjoy!
Tune in for more savory recipes with Just Another Jay x Serving Realness.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.
All images by Just Another Jay x Serving Realness / Recipe by Serving Realness.