Chocolates, truffles, and cakes, OH MY!
Jeff the 420 Chef might call these his "canna baby love cakes," but LEVO knows an infused chocolate cake is the perfect dessert for all days. Check out the delicious recipe below.
Chocolate "Baby Love" Cake
- Cooking spray (Bakers Choice or similar spray with flour)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups raw cane sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup LEVO infused oil (adapted from the "Light-Tasting Canna Oil" recipe here)
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon buttermilk (full fat)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup toasted pecans or almonds, crushed
- Red food coloring gel
- Melting chocolate - Dark or Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 340ºF. Lightly grease the bundt molds with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl mix egg, vanilla, both oils, buttermilk, and orange zest. Add 7-10 drops of red food coloring, and mix until blended and smooth.
4. Add the chocolate chips and pecans or almonds. Pour batter into bundt molds until ¾ full.
5. Bake for 18-20 mins until a toothpick inserted into bundt cake comes out clean.
6. In medium Pyrex bowls, melt the chocolate for 20 seconds in the microwave. You’ll need separate bowls for the dark and white chocolate. Stir well. Microwave again for 10 seconds. Stir briskly until smooth and creamy.
7. Place the melted chocolates in a pastry bag fitted with a small hole tip or in zip-lock baggie. If you’re using a zip-lock baggie, gently cut a small piece of the bag tip off.
8. Creatively swizzle the colored chocolate over the cakes and voilà!
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it #LEVOmade.
Happy Valentine's Day!